Friday, March 26, 2010

Great Harvest

Ok, so if you have a Great Harvest Bread Company in your area and have never been, you should go! They just put one up by where I work so I have been going there a lot. Not only do they have different types of bread, but they have wonderful soups, salads, and sandwiches. The best thing about them is that they use all natural, whole grain, ingredients and no preservatives so their food is, not only delicious, but super healthy for you! So far I have tried the Tuscan chicken sandwich and the broccoli cheddar soup, both threw a party in my mouth! :) They also make this pumpkin chocolate chip loaf and, the one I just tried yesterday, blackberry swirl bread. There are no words to describe the yumminess! The last type of bread that I have tried, so far, is their cinnamon chip blast. They, of course, put cinnamon chips in but then they make a filling that would go into cinnamon rolls and stick that in there too. Oh, so good! This bread would also make the most incredible french toast!

Another great thing that they have there are different types of butter. The sinful cinnamon butter is my fave (which is amazing on the cinnamon chip blast), but they also have a garlic and herb and vanilla butter. Well, yesterday after I bought my blackberry swirl loaf I realized that it would have been even more great with the vanilla butter. Rather than going back to get some I figured I would just make my own. I'm so glad I did! The butter on the bread was absolute wonderful! All you do to make it is whip 3/4 cup, or 12 Tbsp, unsalted butter, very soft at room temperature, about 3/4 cup powdered sugar, and 2 Tbsp of vanilla extract. You could probably use a little less of the vanilla if you wanted to. The 2 Tbsp gave it a very definite vanilla taste so next time I may try to use a little less. Either way the butter was amazing! So good on the blackberry swirl loaf, but would be great on any type of bread. So, moral of this blog, if you have a Great Harvest near you make it a point to stop in and at least get a free sample from them! Your taste buds will be happy you did!

2 comments: