Tuesday, April 13, 2010

US Postal Service

So, I have a little bit of a bone to pick with the US postal service. For a little over a week now, Jordan and I have not been receiving our mail. At first, we were getting our neighbors mail but ever since last Wednesday, we have not been getting a single piece of mail. This is odd because we always get at least junk mail. What makes it even more odd is that it is really only us and at least one of our neighbors that this has been happening to. On top of that, what makes the situation even more annoying is this. Last week was my birthday so my mom, grandma, sister, and uncle all sent me a birthday card which I haven't gotten and don't know if I ever will. In addition to that, my mom got me the Mastering the Art of French Cooking cookbook by Julia Child, which I have been DYING to have, and I that might have come this last week. Plus, my Martha Stewart Everyday Food magazine was supposed to come this last week as well. All of which I have yet to posses and am convinced one of my neighbors is just hording my Martha and Julia literature from me and cooking amazing things in the meantime. :) Of course we also have bills and that stuff, but those aren't nearly as important as my cooking material! ;) Yea, I'm sure that's exactly what my husband is thinking too. I know it may seem like a childish thing but I've been super bummed this entire week and everyday I eagerly run to the mailbox to see if any of it has come. Why is it that it's always when you're really excited for something to come in the mail that your mail person decides to take a vacation and you have a sub?

But seriously, I have been convicted about my attitude towards this mail sub and was praying this morning for God to give me a more gracious heart towards whoever this person is. No matter what has happened I have no right to think such wretched things of that person in my mind. I'm just praying that our mail is in a pile somewhere in the post office and that they haven't just put it in someone else's box, because if that's the case, I don't think I'll ever see it. Lord willing if one of our neighbors does have our mail though, they will return it to us soon.

Sorry this wasn't a very upbeat blog, but thanks for letting me whine about it in writing! :)

1 comment:

  1. oh kels. im on a hunt for the stealer of the cookbook too. and when i find her, im going to hit her over the head with an oven mit!

    ReplyDelete