Thursday, April 8, 2010

Fruit Anyone?

Ok, so this past Tuesday I received a whopping 56 pounds of lushes fruit! Down the street from my house there is a wonderful all natural market called Taste of Life. The woman who owns it is such a doll and she is where Stacey and I order all of our grain that we grind to make flour. Well, she also places bulk orders for the most wonderful frozen fruit from Bithell Farms in Oregon. This fruit is great for making smoothies, pies, ice cream, and jam (which I am going to make whenever I finally buy the jars). Anyway, this farm is all natural and doesn't use any pesticides on their fruit. The result, beautiful, great tasting, and healthy fruit! Each type of fruit you order comes in a 14 lb. box. This time around I ordered strawberries, red raspberries, blueberries, and peaches! This is how I was able to acquire 56 lbs. of fruit. Totally it took me 12 and a half gallon and 2 quart sized freezer bags. Here is the final result when it was all said and done.



Just look at how vibrant the color of that fruit is!! You can just tell it's going to taste better(And it really does. I snacked on some while I was bagging! :)).



Don't these peaches look amazing?! I can't wait to make some homemade peach ice cream this summer! And look how red those raspberries and strawberries are!



So, if your in the Colorado Springs/Monument area and have not yet been to Taste of Life, I HIGHLY recommend you go. The taste and quality of the food is amazing. Plus, since it is small and quaint, it allows you to step back into time when people actually talked to and knew their customers, and vice-versa. Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy my delicious fruit! All 56 lbs of it! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment