Monday, May 17, 2010

Warmer Days and Marathon Training

Yay, it is finally starting to warm up here in the state of Colorado!! It's about time is all I have to say. Of course, the thing about CO is that you can never really tell if it is going to stay this way. People who have lived here for most of their lives have said that it can sometimes snow in June and even July. Rare as it may be, it can still happen. For now I am just enjoying every moment of it and drinking in the warmth.

With the warmer weather comes a certain activity that I am venturing into for the first time this year, marathons. We had to cancel our gym memberships because the price was going up so my husband had the great idea to train for marathons this summer. Granted he will be the one doing the full, but I have agreed to train for a half with him. Since it is finally bearable to be outside, we are starting our training today. I have to say that I am a little apprehensive about this. I have many friends that have done them and say that anyone can do a half, but the most I have ever run before is 5 or 6 miles. 13 miles is a little scary for me but I am determined to conquer every single one of them. I don't know about you all but I love the Biggest Loser and find that show so inspiring. I just keep thinking of the final contests on the show and how they have them run a FULL marathon, and some of them are still pretty heavy. I know that if they can run 26 miles I can surely run 13. So let the training begin! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment